In short, web design focuses on the aesthetic portion of the website including the usability. Web developers then take the design and make a functioning website from it.
When it comes to explaining the difference between web design and web development, we like to use the analogy of it being like an architect and a builder. You wouldn’t build a house or a building without a decent set of blueprints so equally you shouldn’t build a website without a design and layout in place.
Web design is where we come in! We work closely with our clients to create a user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing design which they can then take to their own web developers (builders) or use our trusted and experienced development team, to bring the design to life. Either way we work closely with the developers every step of the way, ensuring the final, functional website produced is exactly as we imagined it.
So what is web design exactly?
Web design is a careful thought out process of collecting ideas and presenting them in such a way that ensures the website is visually compelling and easy to use. The overall look and feel of your website is what we help to create. This is important as your site is a key part of your branding and the design needs to consider and be reflective of your existing brand materials. User experience is also a key part of our considerations when developing the design of a site, as a confusing, hard to navigate site can drive people away and hurt your brand. A website is such an important marketing tool which allows you to give a good first impression to potential new customers and establishes credibility. So, let us help you create a quality website that you and your clients will love!
How can we help you?
We understand that planning a web design can be daunting and overwhelming so we work with you to make sure your ideas and beliefs are incorporated as much as possible. There are many elements to consider with web design, some of which are listed below:
- Layout - We will create a balanced layout that ensures all information is displayed in an easy to read and visual pleasing way.
- Site navigation – we will make sure the website is user friendly and easy to find information efficiently.
- Colour palate - Using information that you give us, teamed with our knowledge of what will look aesthetically pleasing, we will create a eye catching colour palate to suit your brand.
- Fonts used – Some fonts are not always recognised by every web browser and other fonts can be hard to read. We will help select fonts that suit your design and work well across all platforms.
- Graphics used – This includes logos, photos, icons, animations etc. We can work with what you already have or offer advice if required. Again these needs to be visually pleasing and tied in well with the colours and fonts chosen.
- Interaction – Make it easy for your clients to communicate with you.
So if you need a web designer to help create your new website or refresh an old one – get in touch for a chat today!